cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAUser2000
Regular Visitor

Teams connecter with Power Automate

I'm using the Teams Get Message action to try and pull messages from a particular chat channel. My issue is that the flow pulls the message but not any replies to the message. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Oh, I see! Well. That's a lot. So, your agents are posting the messages into a channel to ask questions, and then you want to gather the answers given -- but you also want to sort of build a little knowledge base and see if you can decrease the same questions being asked? Am I on the right track?

So I guess step 1 is to do the piece from the previous answer (so at least it was useful!) Get those replies for each of your messages. Do a loop to get all messages, and then do a loop within that to get all your replies.)

Next would be to have an Excel table ready to go, that you can store this information into.  (Or a dataverse table, whatever works for you.) In your loop of list replies you would be adding into it.

Looking at it, the List Replies API gives us some of that data you'll need - the reply itself, of course, the created date time - and you'll have the original message too so you'll be able to use a Date function to minus that date from the message date, that'll give you the response time.

Now........... finding commonalities between the questions.......... hmm. HMMM. Hmm. Well. 

Okay. There are .. options.

One would be to use AI. Get all your data crammed into that sheet / table, and then use the "extract most relevant words and phrases from text and then classify them into predefined categories". You'd need to do a manual pass there to define the categories, but that's going to make it much easier to start grouping them. 

I think that's your best option with using the tools available. Is AI an option for you? (Before you answer, if you wonder why I'm asking that, take a look at this - https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-ca/ai-builder-calculator/ )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

You can use the Graph API "List Replies"

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/chatmessage-list-replies?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http

Here's a blog post that will show you how to walk through it:

https://blog.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/paulnieuwelaar/2021/05/19/get-replies-to-teams-thread-in-po...

(Written by @paulnieuwelaar ) 

Cheers,

Rhia

PowerAUser2000
Regular Visitor

Thank you, you answered the question I asked perfectly. I reread my question along with your answer and realized I did not ask the right question. What I'm trying to accomplish is gather all the messages and their replies in a particular Team channel into a spreadsheet or a database of some sort to try and identify any common questions my agents are asking. I would also like to measure how long it took for the agent to receive a reply and what the reply message was.  

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Oh, I see! Well. That's a lot. So, your agents are posting the messages into a channel to ask questions, and then you want to gather the answers given -- but you also want to sort of build a little knowledge base and see if you can decrease the same questions being asked? Am I on the right track?

So I guess step 1 is to do the piece from the previous answer (so at least it was useful!) Get those replies for each of your messages. Do a loop to get all messages, and then do a loop within that to get all your replies.)

Next would be to have an Excel table ready to go, that you can store this information into.  (Or a dataverse table, whatever works for you.) In your loop of list replies you would be adding into it.

Looking at it, the List Replies API gives us some of that data you'll need - the reply itself, of course, the created date time - and you'll have the original message too so you'll be able to use a Date function to minus that date from the message date, that'll give you the response time.

Now........... finding commonalities between the questions.......... hmm. HMMM. Hmm. Well. 

Okay. There are .. options.

One would be to use AI. Get all your data crammed into that sheet / table, and then use the "extract most relevant words and phrases from text and then classify them into predefined categories". You'd need to do a manual pass there to define the categories, but that's going to make it much easier to start grouping them. 

I think that's your best option with using the tools available. Is AI an option for you? (Before you answer, if you wonder why I'm asking that, take a look at this - https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-ca/ai-builder-calculator/ )

Yes, you are on the right track and I think this way will work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,910)