cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Template Flow does not work. Saving attachments to onedrive.

I am using the Save Office 365 email attachments to OneDrive for Business,  I was using it without any modification at all.  Everything tests fine, The runs are all green. It just never creates a file from an attachment.  

How do you troubleshoot a flow where there are no errors indicated, how do you examine why an attachment isn't saved to one drive?

1 REPLY 1
Power Automate
Power Automate

Re: Template Flow does not work. Saving attachments to onedrive.

Apologies for this issue. You are correct that when the flow run completes without a failed run it is more difficult to troubleshoot. The tools you can use to troubleshoot are the flow run history, as well as web debuggers such as Fiddler. However, I believe this may be an issue which is not actionable on your end, requiring some investigation on our part. I am happy to assist, but have a couple of questions please:

1. I usually start debugging by looking at the run history for the action which did not provide desired results. In the run history, could you look at the Create File action (since you don’t see a file in OneDrive for business) to determine what flow did do for that action. If it is not clear to you, could you paste a screen shot of the inputs and outputs below here so I can see too. 

2. I assume that you are sending yourself an email with a file attachment to test. Is there any difference in the results if you retry with different file types or sizes?

3. Are you able to use the When an email arrives trigger in a flow created from blank?

I will also attempt to reproduce on my end.

Thank you for your patience and answers, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Audrie

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (7,107)