cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Template language expression cannot be evaluated because property 'value' cannot be selected.

Hi. I recently doing some project and applying flow for my Sharelist.

In my list, I have 4 multiple columns and I need a Unique combination for them. If I added a new item it updates the previous combination. 

Like If one entry consists of John and pen and other Tenna and pencil. and if I added another with John and pen it removes the previous.

I created flow and it working but I want a loop to compare it with every item already present in the list.

How can I achieve that? 

I am implementing the flow from Here is the link 

The only thing I can is to apply to each so it delete the existing double records as well.

sar1_0-1632941744962.png

but getting following error

sar1_1-1632941825232.png

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  from error it looks like you want to get length of items returned by Get Items?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am implementing the concept from the following link

https://365basics.com/sharepoint-use-microsoft-flow-to-enforce-uniqueness-of-a-combination-of-two-or...

but the difference is that I already have a list and need to filter the unique entries for that list but the flow works for new entries(don't look existing). For that, what I need to modify in the flow

Thanks.

@Anonymous  is it a one time thing you want to check the existing records of the list, if yes, then you can create a new flow with manual button trigger, add Get Items action in the flow to get existing records from list, then add apply to each action to loop through list of items returned by get items, inside apply to each action, you can add the same logic from the blog you referred, to identify unique entries.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @annajhaveri. thanks again for your reply. That's what I did. but no luck. As I am new to power automated and have no idea what modifications are required for the following line:

@greater(length(body('Get_items')?['value']), int('1'))

.Just got stuck in the modification for each item and that was not mentioned in the article.

If you try/suggest a possible way for that, it would be great

Thanks,

Sari

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,058)