Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Testing, Cancelling Flows

Hello everyone,

it is possible to test if a MS flow is failed using a dynamics crm worklflow (my MS flow triggered in dynamics crm too)?

if yes please say me how.

thanx

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Testing, Cancelling Flows

Hi @Hedibn 

Can you share more details? 

By triggered from dynamics CRM do you mean that the trigger is : "When a record is selected in d365/CDS"? If so, you will have to test it by triggering the flow from the record itself. If not, what is the trigger that you are using? Can you share a screenshot?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Testing, Cancelling Flows

hi @yashag2255 

my flow triggerd when a new record in dynamics crm created ,the flow make some check field and If the whole process is ok, do not display any information but if there is some error the flow will canceled (terminate :failed ), and i need to show an infromation direct in crm. my problem that ms flow can not directly show alert in dynamics crm and we are not allowed to use javascript (NO Code Project) do u have any idea how i can do it ???

thank u so much.kap3.JPGkap2.JPGkap1.JPG

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Hedibn 

Flow cannot invoke JavaScript (even in CRM) currently. You can refer to the below links to create web resources with javascript code that can show error notifications on the form. 

https://community.dynamics.com/365/b/softchiefmicrosoftdynamics365/posts/dynamics-365-js-notificatio...

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@yashag2255  thank your for your time ,the project is a no code Project so i can not use Javascript so my question was if it is possible to test if the Ms flow is Failed using a workflow and if yes so i can show error  msg using the workflow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,691)