cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knives
Helper I
Helper I

The caller with object id does not have permission for connection under Api 'shared_sql' and failed during http send request errors

I am creating a simple flow using a service account that has all the correct permissions for both power automate and powerapps and all the relevant data sources.

I cannot test this flow in power automate and I cannot add the flow to powerapps. My manager is the only person who can test the flow and add the flow to powerapps.

I cannot understand why this is happening as I have had several other view similar flows that are using the service account > data source connection with no issues and have been able to add these to my powerapp with no problems. I understand that this is a permissions issue but I cannot understand where the issue is stemming from as it was working on Monday and suddenly stopped working yesterday. I was hoping that the issue would resove itself if left overnight as many other users have experienced but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I've gotten very far in creating this app and all the flows associated so re-creating this app and all flows is not an option.

Any help would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
knives
Helper I
Helper I

For anyone experiencing the same issue this is what we did to fix the issue.

We restarted the gateway which fixed the majority of the connection issues on their own. For those that did not fix with a restart, we went into the connections section:

knives_0-1596527309713.png

Unshared with everyone, including those who have edit permissions, so that only the owner is left and re-shared. Then went back in and re-added people with the correct permissions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
so96ie
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue too, 

All action under SQL Server option always fails. The 'Server Name', 'Database Name', and 'Table Name' input fields always show error 'Could not retrieve values. The caller with object id { objectid } does not have permission for connection { connectionid } under API "shared_sql"'.

I have been using power automate since June 2019, and never experienced this before. 

Please fix this error. 

Thanks

knives
Helper I
Helper I

For anyone experiencing the same issue this is what we did to fix the issue.

We restarted the gateway which fixed the majority of the connection issues on their own. For those that did not fix with a restart, we went into the connections section:

knives_0-1596527309713.png

Unshared with everyone, including those who have edit permissions, so that only the owner is left and re-shared. Then went back in and re-added people with the correct permissions.

View solution in original post

AnotherRedbeard
Advocate I
Advocate I

I was having a very similar issue to this inside of a flow that was trying to use a SQL Server Connection, but it wasn't able to find the server and database all of a sudden.  Our problem was fixed by editing the connection and reconnecting to the database.  This can only be done by the owner of the connection.

Hope that helps someone!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,085)