cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerGirl
Resolver I
Resolver I

The dynamic operation request to API 'excelonlinebusiness' operation 'GetTable' failed with status code '429'.

Hello everyone,

I have a flow that updates information from SharePoint to different tables in an Excel file. It is working correctly. However, I had do change the name of two columns in the excel file. When I want to go back to the flow to update it with the new column names I can not do it. Since last week I get the error: 

The dynamic operation request to API 'excelonlinebusiness' operation 'GetTable' failed with status code '429'. This may indicate invalid input parameters. Error response: { "statusCode": 429, "message": "Rate limit is exceeded. Try again in 48 seconds." }

I tried again later, rebooted my computer, rebooted the internet, logged off and on again, and to be honest I have no clue what else to do to get access to the different columns in my excel tables and update the link to the new column.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
dannyfarrington
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting this issue daily and it's becoming really frustrating. 

If anyone has the resolution, it would really be appreciated.

What I finally did was remove the connection, create a new connection and assign it to all the connectors again. That worked for most of the steps but one. For that one I erased it and created it again. Now it is working, but let’s see for how long. 

I read it is better to split your flow in multiple smaller ones and call them with an api. But for that you need premium connectors. 

Here is a good article about it

https://sharepains.com/2018/07/16/error-429-rate-limit-is-exceeded/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,550)