cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KhanMechAI

The specified user could not be found. Sharepoint Create item

Hey Community,

Having an issue setting a Person field in the "Create Item" sharepoint connector. I can add the person manually into the list, and they can also be located in the "Get User Profile (V2)" action, but they cannot be located when creating the item.

I would prefer not to make a switch that populates that field if the person can be found or not, because the person can actually be found?

Snag_1b5cd2cd.png

Snag_1b5ed880.png

3 REPLIES 3
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@KhanMechAI  Your screens are not visible. Please post screen in large mode. What is the value you are passing in Person field?

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

@Hardesh15, all those screenshots are supposed to show is that im passing the same email into both the "Get User Profile (V2)" and into "Create Item" with a Person Claim, but the Get user Profile succeeds while the Create Item cannot find the person. 

In both cases I'm passing in the Response email address from a Forms submission. I also tried switching the input from multi input to single input for the Person field in the Sharepoint list. SO my input payload went from:

[
    {
         "Claims" : "some_valid_email@company.com"
    }
]

to just the email address:

"some_valid_email@company.com"

@KhanMechAI  Please check this email with action- Get User Profile . let me know if you are getting profile properties?

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,126)