cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

The template language expression xxx cannot be evaluated because property yyy doesn't exist

Hi

Whenever I try to create a Flow the uses multiple different connectors, I'm getting the error:

The template language expression xxx cannot be evaluated because property yyy doesn't exist

Steps to recreate below:

First I create a simple email flow

1. I create a Flow (triggered by PowerApps but I get the same in other triggers)
  2. I add an Office 365 Outlook - send an email step
  3. I test and all is well

Second I crate a simple project flow

1. I create a Flow triggered by PowerApps
  2. I add a Project - List Tasks step

Now I create a simple flow with both steps

1. I create a Flow triggered by PowerApps
  2. I add a Project - List Tasks step
  4. I add an Office 365 Outlook - send an email step
  5. I test and get the error in the subject heading

I have also tested with other combinations of services (e.g. SharePoint and Outlook, Project and SharePoint, Project and OneDrive) and all result in the same error.

Both the Project and the Email steps are using the same account name under My connections. 

Am I missing something fundamental? Any assistance appreciated!

Cheers

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: The template language expression xxx cannot be evaluated because property yyy doesn't exist

After more research it seems others may be experiencing similar issues intermittently.

I finally got my flows working by:

Repeatedly creating new Flows with just the steps connecting to the different services (e.g. Get Lists and Send Email) in the order required and only running/testing once all those steps were in place.

Next I added all of the other steps that don't connect to services (e.g. Data Operations) testing again as I added each.

Eventually I got a flow that works (until I want to add a new step which connects to a different service, at which point I expect to have to recreate the Flow again from scratch using the pattern described above).

What did not work was saving copies of flows and trying repeatedly to add a new service to an existing flow (e.g. I wanted to add the email step as the last step of an existing Flow).

I think there needs to be a 'recompile flow' option to clear out the invisible, obsolete garbage that gets added behind the scenes when steps are added but not removed when they are deleted...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: The template language expression xxx cannot be evaluated because property yyy doesn't exist

After more research it seems others may be experiencing similar issues intermittently.

I finally got my flows working by:

Repeatedly creating new Flows with just the steps connecting to the different services (e.g. Get Lists and Send Email) in the order required and only running/testing once all those steps were in place.

Next I added all of the other steps that don't connect to services (e.g. Data Operations) testing again as I added each.

Eventually I got a flow that works (until I want to add a new step which connects to a different service, at which point I expect to have to recreate the Flow again from scratch using the pattern described above).

What did not work was saving copies of flows and trying repeatedly to add a new service to an existing flow (e.g. I wanted to add the email step as the last step of an existing Flow).

I think there needs to be a 'recompile flow' option to clear out the invisible, obsolete garbage that gets added behind the scenes when steps are added but not removed when they are deleted...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 193 members 5,101 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: