cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

This should be so easy...i want to update a numeric list field by adding a number to it.

It's as if im the first person to try this. Or maybe just so easy, i shouldn't be asking.

I want to add an item to one list that will then trigger an update on another list to take a numeric value and add 1 to it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

Yes, I think this should be easier too...

Here is a solution that worked.  I'm sure there is more than 1 way to get this done.

I had to specify what row of data I wanted to update in the seconf list, so I selected the row where the title is Test 1.

Please post if this works for you.

AddNum1.jpgAddNum2.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

Yes, I think this should be easier too...

Here is a solution that worked.  I'm sure there is more than 1 way to get this done.

I had to specify what row of data I wanted to update in the seconf list, so I selected the row where the title is Test 1.

Please post if this works for you.

AddNum1.jpgAddNum2.jpg

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the reply, but still not exactly what i need. I need to add a 1 to a field in ListB. So lets say ListB has a field called Seats and in that field Seats=5, i want to add 1 to the 5 so Seats=6. Does that make sense?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like you are createing a variable with 0 in it and adding 1 to it. I'm having a problem with figuring out how to add 1 to the sharepoint field. I saw a solution that said @add(items?['Seats'],1) but that did not work. They had me put it in a compose action.

I believe that I an doing what you have asked for.  When an item is created in list A, I retrieve a value in list B.  I then add 1 to the value retrieved form list B and update list B.  So, If the value in list B is 10 and a new item is created in list A, the list B value will be 11 when the flow is complete.  Am I on point?

Scott

I am initializing a variable to 0.  Then, I make that variable equal to the value retrieved from list B.  I do this in 2 separate actions because I can't declare the variable inside the loop.  The last step is to add 1 and store the result in list B.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott, You rock!! I finally did it get it work as i looked closer to your logic. Thank you so much!! I might have some other ones too. I'm just starting to work with flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,898)