Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tarjani
Advocate III
Advocate III

Ticks and Crosses on Flow Run

Hi all,

This is a very basic question about reading the outcome of a flow that has run.

When following the path of where it was successful, failed, cancelled etc there are ticks and crosses on the right hand corner.  The green tick is obviously successful, but there are two grey ticks that are a different shade of grey.  Can anyone advise what the difference is?  Also - if I have the light grey X on two filter conditions, does that mean that it skipped the filter condition (don't want this) or that it went through it?

flows tick and crosses.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Normally You'll see the following:

• Green Check marks (Successful Completion)
  • Red Exclamation points (errors)
  • Yellow marks (Still in Progress)
  • Grey or Black X's (The Dark X is an action that wasn't performed and the lighter one is an action that was cancelled, so it never completed.

The success or failure of a condition is based on the success or failure of actions inside the condition.  But in this case you used a terminate inside the No side of the condition.  So the condition terminated before it completed.  That's why the light grey X is there.  The condition didn't complete because it was manually terminated.  The condition above is the same because the embedded condition didn't complete.  The dark grey X means that the action inside the condition in that branch was skipped and never started.

Hope that helps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tarjani
Advocate III
Advocate III

Note*   

This was initially posted on the Building Power Apps forum, but was suggesting to post here in Power Automation.  The link to the other message is : https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Ticks-and-Crosses-on-Flow-Run/m-p/448677/hig...

If I get a solution on the other forum, I will post it here and mark this as resolved.  

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @Tarjani 

The green tick as you have mentioned basically means that the action was successful. 

The greyed out ones means that the action was skipped (due to a time out or a condition etc). 

A red one with a cross is action failed. 

A yellow (amber) one with a clock means that the action is getting executed. 

Let us know the scenario that you are trying to build and if there are any issues you are seeing on that end and we might be able to assist you better with this one. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Normally You'll see the following:

• Green Check marks (Successful Completion)
  • Red Exclamation points (errors)
  • Yellow marks (Still in Progress)
  • Grey or Black X's (The Dark X is an action that wasn't performed and the lighter one is an action that was cancelled, so it never completed.

The success or failure of a condition is based on the success or failure of actions inside the condition.  But in this case you used a terminate inside the No side of the condition.  So the condition terminated before it completed.  That's why the light grey X is there.  The condition didn't complete because it was manually terminated.  The condition above is the same because the embedded condition didn't complete.  The dark grey X means that the action inside the condition in that branch was skipped and never started.

Hope that helps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @Pstork1 and @yashag2255 ,

Both these replies have been much appreciated.  

@Pstork1 the clarification around the conditions and the time out has been particularly helpful.  

Thank you for your replies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,212)