cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Time Sheet tracking

Hi Everyone,

I'm a complete newbie and was assigned the following time sheet tracking project. Please help. 

The project involves around 130 security guards (SG), 5 managers, 2 admin staff.

SG will be clocking in and out on their phones (manually triggered process – button) or if unable to do so, an admin or another employee will be able to log them in. If they are out for the day and have an approved leave of absence, they can attach same approved doc, or a doctor’s note, etc….

At the end of each week (let’s say Sunday) an aggregated list of hours worked for the prior week will be generated per employee with one line item for each employee and total hours. Same aggregated list will be then e-mailed to one of the 5 managers for approval ( the list will go to the respective employee’s manager, not that all 5 managers will get the same list). Once approved the list goes to the 2 admin staff for processing.

What I currently have:

Manually triggered flow that records all ins and outs into a SharePoint list (Time Tracker). If any attachments are submitted another flow kicks in to copy said file into a library for record keeping.

Calculating week number.

Each clock-in, clock-out, lunch-in and lunch-out generates a separate entry line item in the master data list.

Where I’m getting stuck and need help/ideas:

How do I create an aggregate list of hours per week for all employees – summary of the detailed SharePoint list.

Automatically forward same aggregated list to respective manager for approval?!?!?!

Some ideas that may be worth pursuing, maybe not:

Since I’m tracking hours worked with week numbers and manager names, should I create 52 individual excel files that will populate based on the master data list and have those excel files go to the managers for approval. I’m assuming that with some magical formula I can get the system to automatically forward the prior week’s hours to the managers?!?!!

This doesn’t sound right to be honest (52 excel sheets) but I cant think of any other ideas.

Screenshot_1.png

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @P00118510 ,

For your questions "How do I create an aggregate list of hours per week for all employees – summary of the detailed SharePoint list.", why are you create the create 52 individual excel files? you could just create the summary items in another sharepoint list.

And I couldn't see the hours column in the sharepoint list that you would use to count the total hours.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alice, 

thank you for your suggestion. I need help with aggregating the daily hours worked per person per day. Such as in below screenshot example how do i get a summary in 1 line item that calculates Todd worked 7 hours and 50 minutes on 11/21/2019.

sharepoint test hours.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,640)