Did you mean: 
Graciaso
Frequent Visitor

Transfer a column contents in a list to multi columns in another list

Hello,

I have a list 1 and has four columns:

Description: (Single line text)

Last Calibration: (Date)

Next Calibration: (Calculated based on "Last Calibration")

Month: (Calculated based on "Next Calibration") 

Graciaso_1-1663947616308.png

I need to have another list 2 (Calibration Plan) where I need to transfer the (Month of next calibration) in multi columns (12 Columns/Months). The flow should read the (Month) from List 1 and add (X) to the fitted field in list 2.

Something like this:

Graciaso_0-1663947467462.png

How can I do it? (I tried to think about but didn't find a way since I am a beginner in SharePoint.

I appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Graciaso
Frequent Visitor

I already found a way to get the data from the "Month" columns in the months columns in the other list by using an expression inside "Update item" action

Graciaso_0-1665399086671.png

if(equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/Month dynamic content],'January'),'C','')

Not sure if there is an easier way to do it, anyways this works well. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Graciaso does the month column value matches with the name of column in the list 2?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@annajhaveri yes the screenshot I posted is from an excel sheet, I will make it as a SharePoint list, but I am waiting till I have an answer to know what kind of column I should set.

So the names of the columns in list 2 match the values of the "Month" column in list 1.

@Graciaso yes if your column names match with the month value it will be easier to update the value in List 2

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@annajhaveri ok, but do you have some idea how I can do it? I mean to get the values of the "Month" column in list 1 and put "X" in the columns of the list 2? 

Graciaso
Frequent Visitor

I already found a way to get the data from the "Month" columns in the months columns in the other list by using an expression inside "Update item" action

Graciaso_0-1665399086671.png

if(equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/Month dynamic content],'January'),'C','')

Not sure if there is an easier way to do it, anyways this works well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,184)