Did you mean: 
Graciaso
Frequent Visitor

Transfer a column contents in a list to multi columns in another list

Hello,

I have a list 1 and has four columns:

Description: (Single line text)

Last Calibration: (Date)

Next Calibration: (Calculated based on "Last Calibration")

Month: (Calculated based on "Next Calibration") 

Graciaso_1-1663947616308.png

I need to have another list 2 (Calibration Plan) where I need to transfer the (Month of next calibration) in multi columns (12 Columns/Months). The flow should read the (Month) from List 1 and add (X) to the fitted field in list 2.

Something like this:

Graciaso_0-1663947467462.png

How can I do it? (I tried to think about but didn't find a way since I am a beginner in SharePoint.

I appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Graciaso
Frequent Visitor

I already found a way to get the data from the "Month" columns in the months columns in the other list by using an expression inside "Update item" action

Graciaso_0-1665399086671.png

if(equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/Month dynamic content],'January'),'C','')

Not sure if there is an easier way to do it, anyways this works well. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Graciaso does the month column value matches with the name of column in the list 2?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@annajhaveri yes the screenshot I posted is from an excel sheet, I will make it as a SharePoint list, but I am waiting till I have an answer to know what kind of column I should set.

So the names of the columns in list 2 match the values of the "Month" column in list 1.

@Graciaso yes if your column names match with the month value it will be easier to update the value in List 2

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@annajhaveri ok, but do you have some idea how I can do it? I mean to get the values of the "Month" column in list 1 and put "X" in the columns of the list 2? 

Graciaso
Frequent Visitor

I already found a way to get the data from the "Month" columns in the months columns in the other list by using an expression inside "Update item" action

Graciaso_0-1665399086671.png

if(equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/Month dynamic content],'January'),'C','')

Not sure if there is an easier way to do it, anyways this works well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,877)