cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magnifica
Level: Powered On

Translation of SharePoint Page content to another SharePoint Page

Hello,

We are trying to set up a multilingual SharePoint for our organisation.

For that we would like to create a Page in one SharePoint Site which is then translated and added into another SP Site via Flow.

Doing so, I receive This Error Message:

InvalidTemplate. Template language expressions in the entries of the action `translate content` in  row 1 and column 2457 can not be processed:Unexpected token: StartObject. Path 'queries.query'..

Copying Pages from one Site to another is no Problem, only getting the content of the page seems to cause the problem.

Can anyone help me with this issue?
Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
tono-bungay

Re: Translation of SharePoint Page content to another SharePoint Page

What type of page are your trying to translate?  e.g. classic publishing page, Modern page, wiki page, webpart page, etc?

For most SharePoint page types, I would be surprised if Flow could translate them, because most of the content of the page is not in the document itself, as is the case in Word documents, but in hidden metadata snippets.

Magnifica

We are using Modern Pages.

As the Variations Option to have a multilingual Sharepoint doesnt work with the modern view.

Would you say its possible to somehow access the text inside the Page?

tono-bungay

There is a third party tool that does it, but I know no simple way to translate modern pages with Flow.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Magnifica,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

There is no way to get content of the SharePoint Page in Microsoft Flow currently, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition, more details about get content of a publishing page using code, please check the following article:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/0458ca1a-1698-42e6-9296-d8e767795dfb/get-conte...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
tono-bungay

Hi @v-xida-msft,

That article about getting content from a publishing page is interesting, but it's more complicated than that.  The 2010 publishing page template put almost the entire page content into a single hidden column.  That doesn't work for modern pages, which have several different columns and a more complex way of assembling a page from the pieces, and unlike old publishing and wiki pages, all the text is inside webparts.  It takes a lot of parsing to transform all those bits to something that the Translator supports and back again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,442)