cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dralva91
Regular Visitor

Trigger Approval flow on old Form responses

Is it possible to run microsoft approval flow on previous microsoft form responses? I have the basic approval flow running on new submissions successfully but I created the flow after the form and have older responses that I want to push throught the flow.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dralva91

Have the older responses that you mentioned ever run on the flow?

If you want to trigger a flow again for a older responses that have ever run on the flow, you could run the flow for Using data from previous runs :

Capture.PNG   

If you want to trigger a flow for a response that haven't ever run on the flow, so you would create the flow after the response is submited, you couldn't run a flow for the response.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dralva91

Have the older responses that you mentioned ever run on the flow?

If you want to trigger a flow again for a older responses that have ever run on the flow, you could run the flow for Using data from previous runs :

Capture.PNG   

If you want to trigger a flow for a response that haven't ever run on the flow, so you would create the flow after the response is submited, you couldn't run a flow for the response.

Best regards,

Alice

Thanks Alice, I have come to the same conclusion.  This was my first time working with MS Flows and my order of operations was flawed.  I will be sure to have Flow in place before Form is shared to collect responses.

Regards

ivan-kolisnyk

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but there is a workaround that might be useful to someone.
It is possible to create a separate flow with manual button trigger that accepts FormId as input. Then it is possible to recreate the same automated flow and run it for each of the old submitted forms.

Hope this helps,

Ivan

That's really helpful, thank you.  Can pick up the few responses that went in before I had my flow started. 

When I attempt this, I create a new flow with "Manually trigger a flow" but the only option after is to "Get response details" which I can't use without the "Response ID." Can you clarify the workaround?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,149)