cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Trigger Condition Not Working as expected

Hello:

I have a SharePoint List created and in one of the fields you are asked to select "job location"

You have six options to choose from

I am trying to create a Power Automate that starts with "When an item is created"

Site Address and List Name are correct

I want the flow to look and determine which "job location" is selected to determine if the flow process starts or not

In my testing, I am entering "Education Services" as the entry that will start the process and I am using the "Trigger Condition" in the "When an item is created" settings, however it is not working

Can you please take a look at this and let me know what you think is wrong? Also, if you need more information, just let me know

davidtheilman_0-1599683114347.png

Thanks in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Trigger Condition Not Working as expected

Hello Team,

No that does not look correct.

I believe you have a choice type column and therefore you should have the following expression as a Condition in the settings of the Trigger

@equals(triggerBody()?['Jon_x0020_Venue_x0020_Location']?['value'],'EducationServices')  

I have done this a zillion times in my environment and this expression has always worked, let me show you a for example-

yashkamdar_0-1599712120648.png

yashkamdar_1-1599712209996.png

If I click on CLICK TO DOWNLOAD for the outputs, you can see the expression worked when I wanted the trigger to go off only when the value is ONLINE

yashkamdar_2-1599712239811.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@davidtheilman 

Can you tell me the column type of the Location services column?

Also, this type of comparison is case sensitive.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

No that does not look correct.

I believe you have a choice type column and therefore you should have the following expression as a Condition in the settings of the Trigger

@equals(triggerBody()?['Jon_x0020_Venue_x0020_Location']?['value'],'EducationServices')  

I have done this a zillion times in my environment and this expression has always worked, let me show you a for example-

yashkamdar_0-1599712120648.png

yashkamdar_1-1599712209996.png

If I click on CLICK TO DOWNLOAD for the outputs, you can see the expression worked when I wanted the trigger to go off only when the value is ONLINE

yashkamdar_2-1599712239811.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@yashkamdar 

That worked PERFECT.....Thank you so much!

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

So glad that I could help you out in this !!

Thank you.

Keep exploring the community, by asking interesting questions, by answering questions, we are all here to help each other out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,838)