cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rashantha

Trigger Flow from a broswer

n00b here. Is it possible to trigger a flow from a browser.

I would like to select some text (URL), right-click and trigger a flow. Hopefully copying the text selected to the flow.

It would edit the text and open the new URL in the browser.

2 REPLIES 2
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@rashantha 

You can trigger a flow from web browser using two ways, you can either use a manual action and trigger the flow or you can call the flow using JavaScript and pass input parameters from there.

Run Flow using web URL in power automate (technostack.co.in) - Call flow using manual action

Execute Power Automate Flow from JavaScript and Get Response back in CRM Form, On-demand Power Autom... - Call flow using JS

If you would like the flow to open the edited URL in a new browser tab/window, you can either make use Power Automate Desktop to leverage the feature or you can capture the edited text in the response and make use of JS action to open new browser window.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

rashantha

Thanks for your help. It does give me some options. At the moment I have a solution that takes 4 steps,

Copy a number (index value)

open a website

put the number

click the link.

I was hoping to:

Select the number (or URLs), right-click to trigger an automate that opens the new website.

Looks like this is not possible.

I also thought triggering a bot in Teams but that too would require too many steps.

I appreciate your help and the links you posted. I did learn something new.

I was hoping to shorten it to 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (16,099)