cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dansebastiann

Trigger Not Firing by an account that didn't create the Flow

Hi all,

I've got a flow that is triggered whenever a file is copied/moved to a specified directory. While there are no problems in firing the trigger if the account used to move the file is the same that created the flow, it is not the same when another onedrive account is used to fire the trigger. Thoughts on this?

3 REPLIES 3
MarvinBangert Resolver III
Resolver III

Re: Trigger Not Firing by an account that didn't create the Flow

Hey @Dansebastiann 

can you give us a little more details about your flow? Which Trigger do you use - OneDrive (Private) or OneDrive for Business? Do you have shared your flow with the other person that needs to start the flow?

In general OneDrive for Business is the personal storage for each user within your company and you should consider using a SharePoint Library if you want to collaborate and use your flow within your team.

Regards

Marvin

Dansebastiann

Thanks Marvin for the reply.

Trigger: A file is created is a specified directory

Action: Copy the contents of the created file to a file of its same name in a different directory (100% consistent result)

Scenario 1: I moved a file to the specified directory

Result: Success

Scenario 2: Another user moved a file to the specified directory

Result: Trigger not fired (inconsistent)

I've posted this on other platforms. I've received feedback that it could be that the flow wasn't defined using a global admin account. Could this be true?

Here's the flow. 

Capture.PNG

MarvinBangert Resolver III
Resolver III

Hey @Dansebastiann 

I also thought about the permissions but I made a test with some users without any admin permissions. This is my configuration:

Flow created by Alex:

Trigger: OneDrive for Business - When a file is created (properties only)

Action: Compose (just to have an action)

When Alex creates a new document within his OneDrive for Business within a specific folder, the flow is triggered. When I create a new document in another folder and move it to the specific folder, the flow is triggered. When I move an older file to this folder, the flow is not triggered. 

Then I shared the specific folder with another user Miriam. She is allowed to edit items (and can create documents). When she creates a new document within the specific folder, the flow is triggered even if the flow is not shared and Miriam has no other permissions than edit permissions within the folder.

In general, the flow is triggered every time when a new document is created within the specific folder, no matter who created it.

I am not sure how you configured the Trigger to also run if a file is moved to this folder. This just works, if the document is created within the last two days (i think, based on how long a document is marked as "new").

Can you confirm, what kind of permissions the other user has on your OneDrive for Business?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Marvin

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,053)