cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mais

Trigger a flow when a SharePoint list item is approved

Would like to send a meeting invitation when the suggested meeting topic on SharePoint List is approved.

4 REPLIES 4
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mais,

Could you please share a bit more about your SharePoint list?

How to approve the suggested meeting topic of your SharePoint list on your side?

Which meeting invitation do you want to send? Is it the Outlook meeting?

More details about approval flow in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/trigger-approvals-when-creating-new-sharepoint-item/

More details about creating a Outlook event and inviting other users, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Create-O365-Calendar-Event-Invite-User-s/m-p/94666/h...

If you could provide more details about your scenario, we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Background:

What we have is a SharePoint Leave Calendar where staff submits entries, and then the manager approves it before it can show in the calendar view.  (Managers approves from the Reject/Approve view.)

What we are trying to do is have MS Flow send an Outlook invitation to staff that they can accept and it adds the time off on their Outlook calendars.  It would be nice if MS Flow sends an Outlook invitation when the leave is approved so that the time is blocked in their Outlook calendars and others will not set up meetings that conflict with their leaves.

We do not want to synch the whole SharePoint Leave Calendar with our staff's Outlook since it will clutter their calendars.  We also do not want to ask all co-workers from other departments to look at our SharePoint Leave Calendar when they need to set up a meeting.  

BTW -  Right now, I have our staff open a calendar ics file to add the leave on their Outlook.  I do this with SharePoint Designer since with SharePoint Designer I can have a condition that checks for content staus.  But with all the phishing and malware emails that a government entity like us gets, opening files is something our staff would like to avoid doing.  So having MS Flow send an in invitation would really be best.

Is there a way to check content status in MS Flow without having to create a different field/column to query for approvals?

Thanks for the help.

Hey, i'm working on something similar - i created a flow that runse when an item is changed or update.  then I call  the sharepoint rest api to get the versions for the item. I think I can compare the status on the previous version to the status on the cureent version using this method/

Thanks for the input.  Using SharePoint Designer I am able to check if the item is approved (If Current Item:Approval Status equals 0;#Approved).  This time, I am looking for a solution that is MS Flow only so that I do not have to manage different tools for the same workflow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (59,005)