Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gj84uw
Advocate II
Advocate II

Trigger flow when file is moved within the same library

Hi everyone

I have a SharePoint library with a number of folders.  I have a Flow setup that uses the When a file is created or modified (properties only) trigger, which sets metadata on uploaded documents using the folder path and this all works fine.

However, there may be times when a file is initially uploaded to the wrong folder but then moved to the correct folder later on.  When this happens my flow doesn't run and this seems to be because it doesn't recognise moving the file as a change?

My question is whether there's a way to trigger my flow when files are moved between folders in the library?  So far I haven't been able to find away but I was hoping someone may have come across a workaround for this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gj84uw ,

I did the test on my side. It is exactly the same as what you described. If you move the file in the same library, Flow cannot be triggered.

I am afraid that Flow does not support such a feature.

As an alternative, perhaps you could use the following methods to achieve your needs.

Use Recurrence as the trigger to monitor whether there are new files generated in the specified library the day before, and then set the properties of these files according to your needs.

Like:

185.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gj84uw ,

I did the test on my side. It is exactly the same as what you described. If you move the file in the same library, Flow cannot be triggered.

I am afraid that Flow does not support such a feature.

As an alternative, perhaps you could use the following methods to achieve your needs.

Use Recurrence as the trigger to monitor whether there are new files generated in the specified library the day before, and then set the properties of these files according to your needs.

Like:

185.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,133)