cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NathanFra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Trigger not running on SP Create/Modify

I have a flow that starts whenever a Sharepoint list item is created or modified. This list is updated quite frequently via a PowerApp. 

The issue I'm running into, is that the flow doesn't start now. I'm not sure if its because it is getting bombarded with multiple requests in such a short time that it is causing an error or what.

The list has quite a few columns, and some of those columns are being changed just by opening the record within the app (this keep multiple users from editing the same record at the same time).

I have noticed that if I turn the flow off for a few minutes, then turn it back on it will grab ~15-20 runs and complete them. Then it will stop responding again. The flow doesn't report any problems, nor does it give an error.

Has anyone experienced this before?

1 REPLY 1
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey Mate @NathanFra 

A Flow may take a number of minutes to start after an item has been updated - You find your Flow recurrence by click on ellipses (...) > Peek Code.

CFernandes_0-1633720678043.png

Please note - the if there are more Flow trigger they will be simply queued up.

You can read more about this at the link https://ashiqf.com/2020/05/30/automated-trigger-recurrence-frequency-power-automate/ 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,210)