cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cholst
Advocate III
Advocate III

Trigger odata filter regarding object type from email

I'm trying to filter my trigger so it's only triggering on emails where the regarding object type is a case. I have the odata filter currently set to _regardingobjectid_type eq 'incidents' but this is throwing an error of Exception parsing _regardingobjectid_type eq 'incidents' submitted for attribute filterexpression of callback registration. What does the odata filter need to be so the flow only triggers when the regarding object type is a case? 

5 REPLIES 5
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Put a simple condition after the trigger.  Your trigger will action not matter what so capture the next step as the action you want

i understand that as a solution but since this is triggering on create on an email i'm trying to limit the number of triggers. Is what i'm trying to accomplish possible?

cholst, did you find a solution to this? I am able to stop the flow with a condition AFTER the trigger, checking the regarding type, but I have not been able to use it in the trigger like you mentioned. I have tried _regardingobjectid_value@Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.lookuplogicalname eq 'incident', regardingobjecttypecode eq 112,

_regardingobjectid_type eq 'incidents'

I found a solution but not what i was trying originally. I've moved to the trigger conditions in settings. From there you can set multiple trigger conditions and the flow will only trigger if those conditions are true. For this i used the following condition. Hope this helps you as well. 

@equals(triggerBody()?['_regardingobjectid_type'],'incidents')

BjornIng

That worked! 

My flow actually have filter rows with one condition, as well as regarding filter in settings/Trigger conditions. 

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,826)