cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RPowers
Level: Powered On

Triggering Flow off Group Total in SharePoint List

I am trying to build a Flow that will be triggered when an employee's total travel in a SharePoint Online list meets/exceeds a specific threshold. The only way I have found to calculate an employee's total travel when the employee has more than 1 list item is to use the GroupBy feature in the list view. I would like a total (aggregated or running) of all travel days for each employee, then trigger a Flow when a threshold is met, i.e. 25 total travel days reported. See example below.

In this example, the Flow would not be triggered for Sam. The Flow would trigger for John once his May 15th trip is reported since his Total Travel Days exceeds 25. 

Employee        Arrival Date      Departure Date      Travel Days          Aggregated Total

Sam                 01/01/2018      01/05/2018             5                          16

Sam                 02/01/2018      02/10/2018             10                        16   

Sam                 04/10/2018      04/10/2018             1                          16                          

John                01/01/2018       01/20/2018             20                        30

John                05/15/2018       05/24/2018             10                        30

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Triggering Flow off Group Total in SharePoint List

Hi @RPowers,

Please make sure the Travel Days and the Aggregated Total are number type column, and you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

The expression in the Value column of "Increment variable" as below:

int(items('Apply_to_each')['Travel_x0020_Days'])

When John's May 15th trip is reported, the flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RPowers,

Please make sure the Travel Days and the Aggregated Total are number type column, and you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

The expression in the Value column of "Increment variable" as below:

int(items('Apply_to_each')['Travel_x0020_Days'])

When John's May 15th trip is reported, the flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

RPowers
Level: Powered On

@v-yuazh-msft - Thank you for the feedback and sample FLOW. I have built the FLOW was outlined but it fails at the "Get Items" action each time I conduct test runs. I have tested a few different Filter Queries (i.e. Employee Name, Employee Number, and Email Address - all of which are columns in my referenced SharePoint list) but each of them have failed.

Error: Action 'Get Items' failed

Error Details: TThe expression "Email Address eq 'renee.powers@kbslp.com'" is not valid.
clientRequestId: 3a2f4e84-f74c-4738-bdad-4edfa4a7c4ee
serviceRequestId: d07bb99e-706e-8000-17e4-683bb36895e8

Aggregated Total Work Days #1.PNGAggregated Total Work Days #2.PNGGet Items Error Message - Email.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,840)