Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dr_hatsumi
Level: Powered On

Triggering a Flow on a SharePoint list without deletion permissions

Hi

We set up a Flow to copy documents from a "draft" library to a "published" library on a SharePoint site with some approvals and other steps in between. Currently, the members of the team site have edit permissions on the draft library and read-only permissions on the published library. The draft list is used to define run-only users for this Flow. To my knowledge, this allows users with edit rights on this list to trigger this Flow - only on this list. The Flow trigger used is "For a selected item".

Recently, an additional requirement has come up to remove the members' permission to delete documents from the drafts library. Our approach was to create a custom permission level for the draft library, which is based upon the "Edit" permission level, but without the permission to delete items. This permission level was then assigned to the drafts library. This change had the undesired effect that users were not able to trigger any Flows on this list anymore. This led me to the conclusion that "full" edit rights (i.e. including deletion of elements) is needed to trigger a Flow using this method.

Does anybody know a method to make a Flow available on a list for users without giving them the permission to delete items on the same library? I'm very grateful for any kind of feedback.

Cheers,

Domenico

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Triggering a Flow on a SharePoint list without deletion permissions

Hi @dr_hatsumi,

I afraid that there is no any way to make a Flow available on a list for users without giving them the permission to delete items on the same library in microsoft flow currently.

Maybe the only way is to give user the permission.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

andyolb28
Level: Powered On

Re: Triggering a Flow on a SharePoint list without deletion permissions

Is there a solution in development? Or does anybody found a solution for flows in SharePoint lists?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,663)