cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggering a flow from SharePoint

Hi

I would really help in understanding how to trigger an instant flow from a SharePoint team site. I would ideally like to have a button on the team site that executes a simple to send an email and Teams message. I have built the flow but can't see how I can put a button or link into SharePoint to trigger it. Is it possible? 

3 REPLIES 3
Rahber
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Go to your share point list. You will see the option on top of Automate you can create a Flow

chrome-capture (3).gif

Based on your trigger you will see the option to run flow. So for example in my case i used the trigger When an Item is selected.

chrome-capture (4).gif

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Rahber

I want to trigger from a button rather than a list though. I'm not using a list in the context of this problem. Standard buttons only take a URL as an argument I know but was hoping there was another method. 

How about using the trigger "When an HTTP request is received" This will give you a URL. You can call that URL from your share point by using ajax or just as it is. This will trigger the flow for you

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,868)