cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ric835
Frequent Visitor

Trying to create a SharePoint list item using Rest call - issue with multiline text field

I'm using the "Send HTTP request to SharePoint" action to create a new list item with a REST call, becuase I am selecting a custom list name.

I am able to create the list item successfully with most of the fields, but I am struggling with a multi-line text field.

I am referencing the field like this:

"AdditionalNotes": {
"__metadata": {
"type": "SP.FieldMultiLineText"
},
"FieldTypeKind": "3",
"RichText": "true",
"Title": "@{triggerBody()?['Notes']}"
}

I am getting an error "Invalid JSON. A comma character ',' was expected in scope 'Object'."

The JSON is valid to being with, but I think it's all falling apart once the Notes field is retrieved and it tries to process it.

Any ideas most welcome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ric835 ,

I have made a test on my side and couldn't find a way to achieve the needs, I'm afraid that the REST call couldn't create a item with a multi-line text field.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ric835 ,

I have made a test on my side and couldn't find a way to achieve the needs, I'm afraid that the REST call couldn't create a item with a multi-line text field.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi Alice, I feared that might be the case that it's a limitation. Thank you for investigating for me 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (70,819)