cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatrickM874

Turn a link with spaces into a URL for a folder copy

hello, first time posting. We have paid a power automate contractor in the past to create a flow that updates a list item on creation. When the staff member creates a new site from filling out the form, this flow creates and updates the list item. The staff member then copy and pastes a set of folders files into the newly created and updated site. I want to automate this copy and paste as a beginner to power auotmate (main role is salesforce). As a test I have added a step that can copy the files to a pre-existing site as the 'Destination Site Address' is a picklist option. What I want to do is pass the newly created site's url into the 'Destination Site Address'.

The existing flow steps create a site link with our sharepoint URL and then the ServerRelativeURL, added at the end. Though I cant use this in the 'Destination Site Address' as it has spaces.

How to I take our sharepoint URL and then the ServerRelativeURL he used to set link and pass it into the 'Destination Site Address'.

At the moment my input JSON looks like this

"parameters/destinationDataset": "https://ourcompany.sharepoint.com/sites/events/TEBT 0000 SG",

When I believe it should be 

"parameters/destinationDataset": "https://ourcompany.sharepoint.com/sites/events/TEBT%200000%20SG",

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

so I encoded the event string then added it to the end of the destination folder string.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PatrickM874

encodeUriComponent???

so I encoded the event string then added it to the end of the destination folder string.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,970)