cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hkyshawn
Level: Power Up

Turn off Flow to make an update?

I work across multiple tenants and recently in one of the tenants Flow has begun to require that the Flow be turned off in order to save any edits. I don;t see this in other environments and I'm having trouble figuring out what the difference is. Has anyone else run into this and is there anything that can be done to stop it?

There's no option to turn off/on the flow in the edit screen so in order to test changes you have to leave the edit screen and turn it on, then navigate back to test it. Bigger problem is that you can edit the flow without turning it off but you can't save your changes so you lose everything you worked on to leave the page and turn it off.

Hope someone has some ideas.

Thanks all 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Turn off Flow to make an update?

Hi @hkyshawn 

I have seen this type of behaviour in Flows created in a solution. So I am guessing that the logic behind is similar to workflows in dynamics. To edit one, you need to first deactivate and then make your edits and then activate the workflow. Similarly, if you might use this flow within a solution in further actions (a new release allows you to use one in a business process flow) so that is why you first have to turn off the flow and then edit your changes and save and then reactivate the flow. Can you confirm that this behaviour is with the flows in a solution that you created? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @hkyshawn 

I have seen this type of behaviour in Flows created in a solution. So I am guessing that the logic behind is similar to workflows in dynamics. To edit one, you need to first deactivate and then make your edits and then activate the workflow. Similarly, if you might use this flow within a solution in further actions (a new release allows you to use one in a business process flow) so that is why you first have to turn off the flow and then edit your changes and save and then reactivate the flow. Can you confirm that this behaviour is with the flows in a solution that you created? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

hkyshawn
Level: Power Up

That makes sense. Thank you for the response. Just wish they had thought to disable editing if the flow is on. It's terribly frustrating to make a bunch of changes only to find out you can't save them. Marked as solved.

Thanks again,

Shawn

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@hkyshawn 

Yeah that is annoying. Took me a while to figure that out. But I am sure we will see some imporovement in the future releases!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 195 members 5,399 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: