cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yoshimitsu411

Two Compose Actions - First one succeeds but the second fails

Hi All

I have two compose actions in my flow, one for Scheduled Date and one for Actual Release Date with the following code:

if(empty(items('Apply_to_each')?['Scheduled Date']),'',addDays('1899-12-30',int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Scheduled Date']),'MM/dd/yyyy'))

if(empty(items('Apply_to_each')?['Actual Release Date']),'',addDays('1899-12-30',int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Actual Release Date']),'MM/dd/yyyy'))

The first one for Scheduled date works perfectly but the secone one for Actual Release Date fails.

PowerAutomateComposeIssue2.PNG

PowerAutomateComposeIssue3.PNG

Output

PowerAutomateComposeIssue1.PNG

I have come across a similar issue here, but it hasn't helped me solve my problem

Any suggesions?

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Yoshimitsu411 

Why are you not using the variables that you have set?  VarActualReleasedDate in your Compose?  You've highlighted them as output but then don't call them in the compose? 

Damien

View solution in original post

gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Yoshimitsu411 ,

May be this aproach will work ...

if(empty(variables('varScheduledDate')),'',addDays('1899-12-30',int(variables('varScheduledDate')),'MM/dd/yyyy'))

if(empty(variables('varActualReleaseDate')),'',addDays('1899-12-30',int(variables('varActualReleaseDate')),'MM/dd/yyyy'))

On the other hand, please check if ['Actual Release Date'] column name isn't somehow misspelled.

Hope it helps !

3 REPLIES 3
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Yoshimitsu411 

Why are you not using the variables that you have set?  VarActualReleasedDate in your Compose?  You've highlighted them as output but then don't call them in the compose? 

Damien

gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Yoshimitsu411 ,

May be this aproach will work ...

if(empty(variables('varScheduledDate')),'',addDays('1899-12-30',int(variables('varScheduledDate')),'MM/dd/yyyy'))

if(empty(variables('varActualReleaseDate')),'',addDays('1899-12-30',int(variables('varActualReleaseDate')),'MM/dd/yyyy'))

On the other hand, please check if ['Actual Release Date'] column name isn't somehow misspelled.

Hope it helps !

Yoshimitsu411

Thanks @gabibalaban , but it turns out I misspelled the name of the Actual Release Date column.

I could have also used the variable solution pointed out by @DamoBird365 

Thanks again.

Yoshi

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (47,145)