Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

UI Flow UI Recorder Crashing when responding to dialog box

I'm trying to build a UI Flow. 

The full UI I am trying to do is
1.  Launch Pulse Secure (click on application on desktop, click on Connect, click to dismiss connection complete dialog box)
2.  Open a xlsm file in the Documents folder which runs an auto open macro and shuts down.

3.  Open a second xlsm file runs an auto open macro and shuts down.

4.  Disconnect from Pulse Secure. 

With the Flow recorder launched, I  executed the keystrokes to launch a Pulse Secure connection.  All is fine with the recorder until I have to click OK to dismiss the dialog box which tells me the connection has been successfully established. I tried 5 times and it shut down the recorder each time.  In one test, I tried to ignore the dialog and continue on with what I needed to click, but the recorder did not continue to follow my keystrokes. 

After that failure, I decided to try just automating the steps after the connection is established to see what happened.  Unfortunately, It is not recording the keystrokes at all  to open the folder and click on the xlsm file.  I have confirmed that Record is clicked after the Recorder is launched so it should be recording.  

Anything else I can try?  UI Flows seemed really promising, but so far no luck... 😞

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: UI Flow UI Recorder Crashing when responding to dialog box

Hey @LRVinNC 

Here are some limitations on the UI Flow as of now, can you please take a look and check these while recording the desktop flow? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/ui-flows/setup

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @LRVinNC 

Here are some limitations on the UI Flow as of now, can you please take a look and check these while recording the desktop flow? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/ui-flows/setup

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Yeah, I figured that was the case.   also tried putting shortcut for the Excel macro on the desktop and launching that but it didn't seem to pick that up either. Then I just put a shortcut for Excel on the desktop and that did allow it to launch Excel and allowed me to pick the correct spreadsheet from within Excel.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be able to handle the reference to a network drive and so the macro fails.  It was a good experiment, but not ready for real-world uses quite yet.  I'll try again in a few releases.  Thanks - I know you had been playing around with it and had hoped to do the same. 🙂

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @LRVinNC 

Yep. There are some issues that are coming up and it is not as stable for the real world uses compared to other RPA counter parts. It should get much better with the next few releases though 🙂

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,221)