Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DanKrue80
Level: Powered On

UI flows (preview)

Hey guys,

I am trying to get access to the new UI flows (preview) without success. The side informs me about missing CDS subscription, which made me start a trial on the per user Plan for flow. 

Anmerkung 2019-11-04 184547.png

Problem is, that this message still populates even though I already activated the licence. Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Does anybody have more information about the minimum requirements for this brand new feature? 

Best regards

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dashadle

Re: UI flows (preview)

9 REPLIES 9
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @DanKrue80 

I have tried some stuff on my end so here is what you will need: 

1. Provision a CDS database (based on the screenshot that you have shared) In mine it was already there so I did not have to go through this issue

2. You will have to set up an OnPremise Data Gateway (either from scratch or use the ones you might already have)

3. You can create these UI Flows in the Default environment only for now (due to the On Prem data gateway)

4. You need to install the Flow recorder and Selenium extensions for chrome and desktop versions. 

This is a preview feature now so be ready to face any unexpected errors as there is documentation yet to be released. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

DanKrue80

Hi @yashag2255 

unfortunately I still don't get it to work.

1. Provision a CDS database.. What exactly do I have to do to accomplish this?

2. You will have to set up an OnPremise Data Gateway.. I have installed a Gateway locally and connected it successfully.

Anmerkung 2019-11-05 165832.png

3. You can create these UI Flows in the Default environment only for now (due to the On Prem data gateway).. I am on my default environment.

4. You need to install the Flow recorder and Selenium extensions for chrome and desktop versions.. Where do I get the Flow Recorder? Google didn't help on that. Could you please provide a link? 

Anmerkung 2019-11-05 170215.png

I found Selenium in the Chrome Web Store. Do I have to install both, Selenium and the Flow recorder to get startet? I am really trying to get that point, but it seems like yet there is no documentation in the web. Any further informations will be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Daniel

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @DanKrue80 

You can got the the powerplatform admin center and provision a database if you have admin access/ rights. Once you are able to create a UI Flow, it will automatically prompt to download the Flow and Selenium recorder/ plugins. 

Here is a basic UI Flow that I have implemented and you can check some stuff here on how to get started. https://www.bythedevs.com/post/getting-started-with-ui-flows-in-power-automate 

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

DanKrue80

Hi @yashag2255 

thank you for sharing the link to your blog. This could be useful after successfully accomplish accessing the UI Flows preview. Unfortunately I still didn't get it to work.

Can it be that the trial of the Flow per user plan isn't enough? Do I have to be on that plan to play around? As already mentioned, the licence is activated as you can see on the below screeny.

Anmerkung 2019-11-05 184732.png

Moreover, I tried to set up a db as described here 👉 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/create-database

Seems like this point is cleared now even though I really don't understand why that is necessary at all. The default entities created with this db look like this should be something like a CRM, which is not I need at this point actually.

Anmerkung 2019-11-05 185034.png

Anmerkung 2019-11-05 185136.png

The message from my initial post still populates.. I don't have any CDS subscription 😒

This whole setup thing is far from intuitive. What more can I do?

Best regards

Daniel

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @DanKrue80 

1. Yes trial is enough. I am on the trial plan only. 

2. Now that you have provisioned a CDS database (this is needed because of some connections and background data that will be created in some of these entities I guess) you can try logging out of the browser and clear all cache and start a fresh session. 

You should now come to UI Flows tab and start creating one to check if you continue to face the same issue. 

Hope this Helps!

DanKrue80

Hey @yashag2255 

clearing the browsercache and starting a new session does not solve that issue - not even on incognito mode. I still see the same message on the UI flows tab. That message really is irritating me since it says that I have to choose a plan that is right for me.

Do you know, if there is any official documentation existing from Microsoft yet?

dashadle

DanKrue80

Hey @dashadle 

thanks for sharing. Seems like I get my answers there. Will go through it later today 🙂

Cheers

Daniel

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DanKrue80,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,238)