cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

URGENT: Bad Gateway from Excel

Hi All,

I have a flow that retrieves a row from Excel to determine an value based on an other value (like a lookup table)

Although the flow has been running for years, now I get an error "BadGateway"

When I go into edit mode I see strange behavior:

badgateway1.JPGbadgateway2.JPG

When I try to select the location it does not build the dropdown list as it would do usually.....

If I paste the location, it now finds the document library, it finds the file, but now it is not able to find the table inside the excel sheet....

Any advise?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

You're likely experiencing Excel file lockout issues, which are 6-12 minutes in length. File lockouts are the main reason most Flow experts don't recommend Excel if at all possible. The Excel connectors have many Known issues and limitations. I'd recommend moving this workload to a SharePoint List if possible.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

You're likely experiencing Excel file lockout issues, which are 6-12 minutes in length. File lockouts are the main reason most Flow experts don't recommend Excel if at all possible. The Excel connectors have many Known issues and limitations. I'd recommend moving this workload to a SharePoint List if possible.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (13,049)