cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milo1234
Helper III
Helper III

URGENT: Long email thread being passed into Planner task description

I have created a flow that creates a planner task when an email is flagged. This flow passes the body of the email into the planner description, however the long email thread is included. I have been told there is a trick I can use:

*Check a separator in the email that breaks the first message from all others. Then I need to use a "split function" with that character. The first item of the array is my email message*.

Can someone please show an example of this as I am a beginner with Power Automate and don't know how to incorporate this into my flow. Thank you.

milo1234_0-1622715555039.png

milo1234_1-1622715560813.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Attached flow pkg for your review. Please feel free to restore it in your tenant and review it.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@milo1234 

When an email is received and if it contains earlier replies, we can observe following:

1. Subject will contain Re:  (Note: User can update the subject while replying or forwarding).

2. Email body contains a horizontal bar which separates current email content with previous content.

So, when an email is received you can check for first "<hr" tag and perform string operations on the text to exclude the unnecessary email body content. 

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

milo1234
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @rsaikrishna thank you for your response. Are you able to provide me a print screen of a flow to show this? I will then accept as solution.

Hi,

Attached flow pkg for your review. Please feel free to restore it in your tenant and review it.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

View solution in original post

@rsaikrishna Thank you. How do I open the .json file in Power Automate? 

milo1234
Helper III
Helper III

@rsaikrishna thank you so much. This worked! You are very helpful

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,254)