cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

*URGENT* Sharepoint Action (Get Items) is taking EXCEEDINGLY long to execute (2m w/1 retry)

My apps are failing due to an exceptional length of time to execute Get Items.  Is this a global or regional problem??  THis is serious.  It fails my flows with a Return to PA due to timeout.

CLientIDs:

e5e60ddc-a8b5-43ab-a40a-714eda46f8f3

e7752b8d-4bb5-42e0-a0bf-1d2b32437078

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: *URGENT* Sharepoint Action (Get Items) is taking EXCEEDINGLY long to execute (2m w/1 retry)

Seems the issue is acknowledged...

via https://flow.microsoft.com/support

Microsoft Flow Support Status:

Warning: Starting 2019-08-16T13:00:00Z we are experiencing a high volume of throttling on the SharePoint connector. Engineering is engaged and actively working on a fix.

Last updated: 8/16/2019 6:44:44 PM UTC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: *URGENT* Sharepoint Action (Get Items) is taking EXCEEDINGLY long to execute (2m w/1 retry)

It's not a global problem as I have no problem here in Spain with the Get Items action.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Super User
Super User

@RobElliott ,

Thanks for the report.  I'm getting this random.  Sometimes, it works perfectly, others, it takes forever.  We are not having large usage issues either.  At most, we have 3 users on this at once, if that even matters that much.

I look back in my history, and I even see one that took 8 minutes to complete.  The Get Items action had 3 retries, then succeeded, then a subsequent Get Item took 2 minutes with one retry.  The other thread in the flow had two Get actions that worked perfectly.  See attached.

image.png

image.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @martinav 

How much data is there in those 2 lists where you are executing getitems

Is there any filter query when using get items?

Super User
Super User

The filter will return one item.  In all cases.  Actually, the list only has about 20 items right now, and its only about 10 columns of data.  

image.png

I looked as far back as the history would let me, and the first time the excessive time occurred was today at just after 10am CST.  

I have much much more complex lookups than this, with lists of over 5,000 items and have never  had an issue.

Super User
Super User

Seems the issue is acknowledged...

via https://flow.microsoft.com/support

Microsoft Flow Support Status:

Warning: Starting 2019-08-16T13:00:00Z we are experiencing a high volume of throttling on the SharePoint connector. Engineering is engaged and actively working on a fix.

Last updated: 8/16/2019 6:44:44 PM UTC

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@martinav 

there you go

Your Flows are healthy and happy 🙂

Super User
Super User

Well, healthy, but a bit grumpy!  Smiley Frustrated

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@martinav 

Actually as a best practice whever something abnormal takes place, first thing to check is the connectors and then check the health status of all these connectors 

Follow this twitter handle for live updates

https://twitter.com/MSFT365Status

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,134)