cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to add Instant Flow to Solution

Hi

I have created a flow of type "Instant". When I tried to create a solution and add existing instant flow it doesn't appear in the "outside solution" tab. I'm able to see flows created using other types(Scheduled, Automated).

Could someone suggest how to add Instant Flow to a solution?

8 REPLIES 8
paul_matthews
Helper I
Helper I

Hi

My understanding is that instant flows are currently not available in solutions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/solutions-overview#known-limita...

Hope this helps

Reigningfear
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hello,

I am running into the same issue. I reviewed the known limitations and I assume by "button triggered flow", they mean instant flows. That is a little confusing because I interpreted that as PowerApp buttons. 

I know we're a year later, just for anyone coming back here, I've successfully added an instant flow to a solution

Could you please provide the details on how you added existing instant flows to the solution?

you can't add existing instant flows to the solution. You have to set some other kind of trigger, and then you can.

MarrinerDev
Helper III
Helper III

It seems like this now works with the instant PowerApps V2 trigger, but not the original version.

i.e. Flows I created with the V2 trigger show up in the Add Cloud Flow list for a solution, but Flows with the original PowerApps trigger do not.

I have now been able to successfully add a PowerApps V2 Instant triggered Flow to a solution and confirm that it works as expected.

Reigningfear
Advocate III
Advocate III

Was notified that this thread still had some activity. My workaround thus far has been to create the flow using an accepted trigger such as a scheduled trigger and then adding it to my solution. Then, once it's added, change the trigger to manual. It seems to work fine and I've used this workaround for numerous flows.

However, I'll definitely keep an eye out for @MarrinerDev's observation as that would be much easier.

Looks like adding while in the solution also works, and so does if you create it in the App itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,181)