cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eshen
Level: Powered On

Unable to read list that has a lookup field

I'm trying to run a Flow on an on-premise SharePoint Site.  The On-premise data gateway is running and I created a connection to it.  I am also able to successfully run Flow on a list that does not contain a lookup field to another list.

My probem is when the list contains a lookup field to another list on the same SharePoint site, I get a 'BadRequest' error.  Status code is 400

The body of the output is:

{
  "status"400,
  "message""The field 'Facility' is not supported in query. The lookup list does not exist.\r\nclientRequestId: 77a48c5b-681f-4c9d-adde-87fc6ee117b4\r\nserviceRequestId: df31829e-94eb-f03a-9712-1f8d7aab0173;df31829e-64f3-f03a-9712-1275f26f90c8;e031829e-f406-f03a-9712-1fbbed50d9df;e031829e-b40f-f03a-9712-1a5d0f7d12c2;e031829e-8418-f03a-9712-1aba8e301699;e031829e-5420-f03a-9712-14c03c1b4500",
  "source""",
  "errors": [
    "-1",
    "Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException"
  ]
}

Has anybody else come across this?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to read list that has a lookup field

Hi @eshen,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow? how is it created?

Besides, error 400 means a setting in an action of the flow doesn’t function as expected, you may need to correct the problem inside the flow definition. Please try to update the flow or Resubmit to try the run again with the updated configuration.

I don’t have on-Premise SharePoint to test this issue, so I made a simple test with SharePoint Online and it didn’t return any error message. If you also SharePoint Online, please make a simple test on your side to see if it will work.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
eshen

Here's the screenshot. Nothing overly complicated. "Facility" is a lookup field to another list on the same SharePoint site.

I was able to successfully run a flow on a list with a lookup on another on-premise site. So I'm thinking there's something different about the setup of this on-premise server. I think some configuration settings needs to be modified but don't know which one.

Hi @eshen,

the screen shot is not visible.

Regards,

Chandrashekhar

Highlighted
eshen

Strange.  I am able to see the image even in Incognito on Chrome.   Let me try it this way...

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,460)