cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muthuskumar

Unable to retrieve sections from OneNote - 40001 error code

I was trying to use the Create a OneNote page for new Google calendar events template. However, it fails at the step where it retrieves the sections within a notebook to populate the dropdown. I have also tried to create a task withGet Sections in Notebook step and I see a 400 - Bad Request response. The response details are below. Get Notebooks action works fine though.

I have just started using Power Automate. Can someone guide me with the setup? Is there some setting that needs to configured before I can start using the OneNote connector?

Response body

{
"error": {
"code": 400,
"message": "Error; unknown error code encountered when attempting to retrieve the site Id for the supplied notebook. Code: 40001",
"source": "india-001.azure-apim.net",
"path": "choose[4]\\when[1]\\choose[2]\\when[1]"
}
}

PowerAutomateError.png

1 REPLY 1
jmparty
Frequent Visitor

How were you initiating the Flow? I had one of my users get the same error when the Flow was generated from a PowerApp. It happened when the user was opening the PowerApp within Teams and my suspicion is that they had not been logged through the SSO correctly and didn't have the right access. The error has not occurred for anyone using the Flow through the web link for PowerApps (which requires the SSO). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,542)