cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pradeepsvs
Microsoft
Microsoft

Unable to select list records action in Common Data Service.

Hi,

I created a flow with Manual trigger. I am trying to list all records available in an entity and copy the records to SQL Database\Azure Blob Storage. I am unable to select "List Records" action. Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Pradeep.

8 REPLIES 8
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I created a solution. Then I placed a manual trigger button. Next step I search for "Common" . Here I can see both connectors of CDS.  I can select List Records action from either of the connectors. Could you please post a screenshot?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Thanks for the answer. I did not create solution before. I just clicked on Flows from left Navigation pane and created a new flow.

Now, I created a solution, a new flow and chose a entity to I need to copy.

Another question is, can I copy the records from a entity to Azure SQL Database or Azure Blob Storage? 

Hi @Pradeepsvs 

Thanks for your reply.

To store in Azure blob storage please see this post

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/copy-files-from-sharepoint-to-an-azure-blob-storage-using-micr...

For SQL server you need to use SQL connector enter your credentials for Insert Row action step.

image.png

image.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Is this applicable to Azure SQL Database as well? or just SQL Server On-Prem? Ideally, I will add a row to a staging table and execute a SP to merge data based on an entity id.

Can insert row action insert more than one row or is there other method?

Hi @Pradeepsvs 

It's the same connector and if you have on-prem then you need to check the box.

So once you retrieved your records then add a foreach loop, then add the insert row inside the loop so that for each iteration it will insert the record.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Thank you,

I tried following based on your feedback. I choose insert row action and provided sql server credentials. I chose a database and table to which data should be copied to. On clicking on each column on UI, i see column list from "List Records" action. I mapped each column and saved the flow. Please let me know if this is a right way to map column data between CDS entity and SQL Server database table.

Annotation 2020-03-19 171405.png

Hi @Pradeepsvs 

Yes that looks good. I can see you are mapping a modified on field to Year. Is that correct? Hope that's a datetime field. The best way to do is runt the flow and test it.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Cool, Thanks for your help! the mapping is not final yet. I just tried how to map fields and check if that's the right way.

Appreciate your help 🙂 Thanks @abm 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,186)