cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Update Excel Row by DATE key column

I'd like to update an Excel table based on the key column which is a DATE. I know Excel stores date as int, but how should I supply the parameter to the Excel Update Row connector?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I couldn't find a general solution. I work with dates in 2020 only so I use this workaround

add(43830, dayOfYear(date_to_look_for)))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Sbence 

I never tried to use an actual date, but I think if you pass the date formatted the same way as it is on Excel, then you'll be able to search for it. 

Ideally, you should use strings or better yet numbers to avoid issues, but if you want dates, then we can try this, and if it doesn't work, we can dig-in a little bit further.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

"if you pass the date formatted the same way as it is on Excel, then you'll be able to search for it."

Thanks, I've tried it, doesn't work this way. It has to be numeric

flowexcelupdate.png

HI @Sbence 

You can calculate the number. The number 1 is January 01 1900 so we need to check the difference in seconds since that date until today. This is the value that you can send to Excel.

There is no easy way to do a difference between 2 dates, but there's another thread that can help you:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Calculating-the-difference-between-two-da...

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Yeah, each and every example shows how to calculate the DATE value from the INT (as stored in Excel), but not the opposite. And I'd like to avoid to loop through all the rows in flow

I couldn't find a general solution. I work with dates in 2020 only so I use this workaround

add(43830, dayOfYear(date_to_look_for)))

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,776)