cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haluwasa

Update Excel Row from Form Submission

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a flow that will update an existing row (from previous form response) that's triggered by a form submission. 

Currently I've set up my form to store information into a SharePoint excel file. However, a large majority of the time questions being answered require updates by the form submitter. I don't want the form submitter to have to access the master excel file to update their answers. The form is also set up in power automate relay all the answered questions to the submitter from an email.

A simplified version of the form updated into the excel would look something like this:

image.png

The goal would be for the form submitter to be able to update the "status" and/or "notes" directly from the form.

I found a similar question posted/solved:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Form-Submission-Update-Row-in-Excel/m-p/286693#M2...

In this case, I'm not sure how the creator was able to give a unique identifier to the submitter ("case reference" in the post). I was thinking I might be able to use the date and time as reference data for the form submitter to connect to their original response. 

I apologize if this is confusing. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Haluwasa 

I don't think that's possible. Once the form is submitted, then there isn't any way to update it.

There are 2 potential workarounds:

1. Save the information in SharePoint and provide a view with the fields that the user can update and filter the list by the entries that the user inserted via Form.
  2. Create another form for the user to submit changes. For this, you would need the user to submit some sort of identifier or find a way to link back to the original response so that you can update the Excel.
  3. Create a PowerApp that shows the information and enables the user to edit the information that he/she inserted

Please let me know if any of these would work for you

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,469)