cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Update Item Not Working

I need a flow to send an approval when a specific field is amedned in a SharePoint list.  When the request has been approved I then need some of the fields to be updated automatically.  When testing using the below Flow, the rest of the flow works but the 'Update Item' does not work.

Also I want the date field to update with today's date (the date the approval takes place) does anyone know how to do this?  I have tried a few expressions including formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyyMMdd') and UTCNow().

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Re: Update Item Not Working

Hi Anna,

A couple of things to note.

1. I always do a Get Item just before making updates to SharePoint items. This ensures I am updating it with the absolute latest values.

2. In an Update Item action I always enter ALL the fields in the action, not just those I want to update. So I just put the values back in from the get item I ran in point one.

3. What error message are you getting when you try to run the update item?

4. For the dates. I would have expected UTC Now to work. Alternatively you could try formatting it as YYYY-MM-DD and passing that over as text. If you need time then send YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm

-Mark

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi Anna,

A couple of things to note.

1. I always do a Get Item just before making updates to SharePoint items. This ensures I am updating it with the absolute latest values.

2. In an Update Item action I always enter ALL the fields in the action, not just those I want to update. So I just put the values back in from the get item I ran in point one.

3. What error message are you getting when you try to run the update item?

4. For the dates. I would have expected UTC Now to work. Alternatively you could try formatting it as YYYY-MM-DD and passing that over as text. If you need time then send YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm

-Mark

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you.  I have managed to get it working now.  I realised that teh account that I was craeting the flow in did not  have the correct permissions to the SharePoint list that I was trying to update.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnnaBrodnicki,

Have your problem be solved?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (1,993)