cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshcleme

Update a column by using recently modified cells

Hello!

I have a Sharepoint list that has columns of years where paperwork was completed on a date within that year, I want to have another column called Last Filled that is triggered on a modification of one of the years' columns and populate it with that modified value for the row. 

Any ideas?

ex. 

Paperwork name |  2019  |  2020  |  2021  |  2022  | Last Filed

Income Taxes       | 4/2/19|            |            |            | 4/2/19    

Paperwork X        | 9/5/19| 9/1/20 |            |            | 9/1/20    

I appreciate all the help

4 REPLIES 4
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@joshcleme please check this out, try trigger condition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlS6pSAx-GY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

joshcleme

In theory that route worked (kind of). 

The issue is, when the power automate flow is added it over-rides all of the past rows. So say the year is 2022 and you fill out one cell, it will delete all the other cells in the "Last Filed" column for an odd reason.

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@joshcleme it shouldn't happen, just try a poc with a dummy list and then try implementing it in your main list/data source.

joshcleme

Hey @jinivthakkar , 

I did that, it still causes the complete change in the whole column. Any other methods you have to share? Is there something with modify/update that saves the cells that was changed and it's ID so that then it can be change the same row and single cell instead of causing a push of all cells? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,072)