Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavinleung
Resolver I
Resolver I

Update an list of Sharepoint item if a criterion is met

Hi all, 

I in fact raised the same question a while, it solved my issue. But when my PowerApps deployment going more massively, and the records size is getting larger. This corresponding flow seems too slow and creates some issues. So I need further help. 

I have a Sharepoint List with the following fields:

Flow cap.png

The Regular Meeting happens nearly everyday, and all members will be joining. In my original design, the user update the record using PowerApps, and a flow triggered by "an item is created or modified" to update the Actual Hours for all members. But issue comes as this will create a ETAG error, ie updating the same record by two sources. 

Therefore, I'd like to change the design to delay the update from Flow by using Scheduled as attached:

Flow cap.png

This filter query works well to narrow down the records for "today" and with a specific title. 

In the case that one of any members updated the Actual Minutes by the PowerApp, I'd like to have the Flow to update the Actual Minutes for the other members as scheduled. 

Flow cap.png

How to get the item which has a value in Actual Minutes and update this value into the same field of the other records ? 

Thanks,
Gavin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have the solution. I used a variable to temporarily store the value of the actual minutes first. Then use a loop to update the records which does not contain a value. I don't know whether it's stupid ... but it works:

Flow cap.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gavinleung ,

If you want to filter out items whose values are actually in Actual Minutes field, you can still use Filter Query and add the following condition.

Like:

ActualMinutes ne null

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-bacao-msft , my question was not how to filter the list. 

In my first Get Items, I used:

Title eq 'xxxxxxx' and AssignmentDate eq 'utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd')'

This shall filter a set of records which containing this:

List 1.png

Then I'd like to do is to use the "Actual Minutes" of one of the records and update it into the other records of this set. 

Can it be done ? 

Thanks,

Gavin

I have the solution. I used a variable to temporarily store the value of the actual minutes first. Then use a loop to update the records which does not contain a value. I don't know whether it's stupid ... but it works:

Flow cap.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (3,222)