Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kadd
Resolver III
Resolver III

Update choice field using HTTP Request action

Hello,

Sorry for asking this question. I'm trying to find an answer but i don't seem to find the right answer.

I'm trying to use an HTTP Request action to update a choice field on an item.

Field is called "Status". Values of the field are "Level 0", "Level 1", "Level 2".

I'm trying to update the Status of a specific item to "Level 2"

I tried several thing and finally ended up with this but still have an error

2021-03-05 13_34_21-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

Could someone help me on this and tell me what's wrong in what i'm doing ?

Thanks a lot for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kadd
Resolver III
Resolver III

OK !! i think i did it....well from my test it works.

In fact, it's the same as updating a simple text field. I decided to get back to the action's configuration for a simple text field and readapted from that point. I could do this for a text field earlier today but thought it would be different for choice fields...first because of the things i found on the net and second because in Powerapps when using functions, choice fields need a complex block. (complex for me cause i never remember how to write it). So i've been a bit stupid, i didn't test that before and i'm sorry i disturbed you all.

For those who might be interested, this is the solution

2021-03-05 17_06_38-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

Voila ! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Please see these articles for how to do this.

Update a multi select choice field in a SharePoint list with Power Automate (sharepains.com)

Microsoft Flow - populate a multi choice field in SharePoint - Office 365 Basics

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Hello @mahoneypat ,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I found these sites earlier and tried to arrange something with what but they use Create/ Update item actions (using these actions i know how to do it).

The thing is i'm trying to do the same with an HTTP request. I couldn't manage to apply what i read on the sites to an HTTP Request action. (if you look at my screenshot, you will see i use an odata.type ...that i tried to use from the second site you gave me (after trying other ways) because my last error message was saying that the type is not defined.

so i'm still a bit stuck.

Thanks and regards  

Kadd
Resolver III
Resolver III

OK !! i think i did it....well from my test it works.

In fact, it's the same as updating a simple text field. I decided to get back to the action's configuration for a simple text field and readapted from that point. I could do this for a text field earlier today but thought it would be different for choice fields...first because of the things i found on the net and second because in Powerapps when using functions, choice fields need a complex block. (complex for me cause i never remember how to write it). So i've been a bit stupid, i didn't test that before and i'm sorry i disturbed you all.

For those who might be interested, this is the solution

2021-03-05 17_06_38-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

Voila ! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (4,111)