Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarinaPA
Helper II
Helper II

Update file properties in SharePoint

Hi,

I have a flow that is triggered when a file is modified and then I have to Update file properties. So sometimes this works and other times it doesn't

MarinaPA_0-1659006504207.pngMarinaPA_0-1659006914779.png

The update fails with 

"status"400,
  "message""The file.docx has been modified by on 26 Jul 2022 15:47:35 -0700.\r\nclientRequestId:\r\nserviceRequestId: "
}
I can assume that it fails because I have two updates in a very short time but it is successful sometimes so please can you help. An option to introduce a delay its not an option because I have specific trigger and if someone modifies the document while in delay flow will trigger again. So basically I have Yes/no column and is triggered if the column is Yes and I have to set it to No to not trigger. So yes this is what I am doing and sometime is goes trough and other times not. Frustrating. 
1 REPLY 1
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Hi @MarinaPA ,

Perhaps you could limit the number of Power Automate flows that can run at the same time? To ensure that the previous flow has completed running before another instance of the flow is run see Solved: Re: How to block a flow until the previous run is ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Ellis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,778)