Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MostafaGamal
Helper II
Helper II

Update first blank cell in excel sheet

Hi all, 

I create a flow to update an excel sheet when a new item is created in the SharePoint list 

when the user creates a new item in SP i want this flow to add #1 in the row of this that contains the mail of this user and when he submit another item i want the flow to update the next row that containing the user mail ( Update the first blank cell of the user rows ) 

How to do this ?? 

1 REPLY 1
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

HI @MostafaGamal 

It's possible, but you have to have an ID in Excel that you can reference so that Excel knows what column to update. Here's a thread that can help you:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/How-to-update-specific-Excel-row-in-flow/...

Please note that the Excel should be in a table format, and the columns are named so, when you're inserting data to an Excel file, you'll always have to define in what column you want the data to go into.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (18,512)