cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RM9

Update item does not update the item in my sharePoint list

Hi,

I have a flow which 'successfully runs'. It contains the Get Item and Update Item actions. The update item action is responsible for updating an item's date in my sharePoint list. However, when I check my sharePoint list after the flow has been run, no change is reflected.

RM9_0-1616624717450.png

What should I do?

Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @RM9,

It probably is because your Get Items 2 action doesn't return any items. You can check this by expanding the Get items 2 action in the flow run history and see if you have any results in your Outputs section?

When you see [] that means no items are returned. And as a result the update item won't have anything to update. Hence the greyed out action.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @RM9,

It probably is because your Get Items 2 action doesn't return any items. You can check this by expanding the Get items 2 action in the flow run history and see if you have any results in your Outputs section?

When you see [] that means no items are returned. And as a result the update item won't have anything to update. Hence the greyed out action.

View solution in original post

Hmm, I can't see [] nor the output:

RM9_0-1616631380773.png

When I press "click to download" I just get the statusCode 200 message. This is a snippet of the code: 

RM9_1-1616631428928.png

Thanks!

Thank you - my filter query in the Get Items action was incorrect 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,902)