Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexx1
Helper II
Helper II

Update "Created by" column in LIBRARY

Hello everyone,

I want to update the column "Created by" in a SharePoint Library.

I followed exactly these steps, and it works perfectly for a SharePoint List:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/How-can-i-update-Created-by-Column-using-flow/td-p/4...

The problem is that nothing happens when I do the same for a Library...

Any ideas what I should change in this flow to make it work?

Thanks a lot!

5 REPLIES 5
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Alexx1 

@Pstork1 's answer should work unless I'm missing something.

Can you please share what happens? Do you get an error? 

Can you please share the Power Automate and obfuscate anything private that you can't share so that I can have a better understanding of what you're trying to do and the issues.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Alexx1 I agree with you, I have implemented the same flow and the flow executes successfully and nothing happens. 

Please check the comments section of the below link :

http://johnliu.net/blog/2019/2/flowninja-hack-78-modifying-modified-by-and-modified-time-with-micros...

Looks like you need to disable the readonly property of the field and there is no way in Power Automate to set field properties.

Instead of trying to update created column, why don't you create one more people picker column and update the custom people picker column instead ? This would be much easy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @manuelstgomes , Thanks for the reply!

No, I don't get any error in my Flow..

So, here are the SharePoint folders properties which I want to modify in a SharePoint Library:

sharepoint.PNG

Here is my Power Automate Flow (which works fine because there is no errors, and the "modified" field updates correctly..):

automate 1.PNG

automate 2.PNG

In my opinion, something has to be changed because it is a library (or because it is folders that we are dealing with..?) 

But the weird thing is that the "Modified" field updates without any problem but not the "created by"..

Thanks again for your help!

Hi @jinivthakkar ,

Thanks for the answer!

Oh Ok I understand... and can we disable the readonly property of the "Created by" column in Sharepoint directly...?

Unfortunatly In my system I can't create another "people" column to work around the problem

@Alexx1 I don't think we can disable the readonly property of "Created by" column directly. You can try PowerShell or some other method.

I understand you cannot create "people" column but updating "Created by" column is definitely not the best approach.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (1,990)