cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdNYC

Update sharepoint list item fields to blank/null

Just wanted to post a possible "simple" solution to a PA bug/annoyance that has been plaguing users for years based on this forum. It took me months of searching and trying everything to find a solution that works for my own flows.

Issue: The expression "null" in update sharepoint item does not actually work for some fields (especially single choice columns, but even multi choice if not done properly). I have seen some solutions using the HTTP request feature but have not used this myself and did not want to complicate my flows.

Solution:

- null expression for fields where it works (date, string seem to be ok)

- for multi choice fields select "switch to input entire array" on the right side of the field (looks like a little square with a T inside EdNYC_1-1656815252243.png) first and then use the null expression

- for single choice fields, what worked for me was to create a string variable at the start of the flow with an empty initial value and then I assigned this variable to all the single choice fields that wouldn't clear with the null expression (in the flow it will appear that you are assigning a custom value with the big blue X but checking the list item after running this flow, the choice field has been correct set to no choice)

EdNYC_0-1656815186799.png

Hope that also works for others and helps someone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EdNYC ,

Thank you so much to provide this intuitive and simple solution. Great work!

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EdNYC ,

Thank you so much to provide this intuitive and simple solution. Great work!

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,149)