cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamiCbIT
Level: Powered On

UpdateSPListItem after HTTP Trigger

Hello guys!

I'm trying to update a list item in a HTTP triggered Flow. This list item contains custom columns that needs to be set in the action 'UpdateItem'. My parameters for SiteUrl, ListName and ItemId will come from the HTTP triggered action.

At design time I set these parameters hardcoded to get the context columns from the lists. Before saving I need to change the hardcoded parameters to the http parameters to make the Flow reusable for mutiple lists.

My problem is: When I change the params in 'UpdateItem' action my custom columns sets will be deleted.

"Cannot evaluate the parameter 'dataset' at design-time; it is empty or has a runtime expression."

I can't believe that this is not possible - otherwise I need to create a new Flow with hardcoded params for each list I want to work with. Does anyone have an idea how to solve my problem?

'GetItem' works fine in runtime while 'UpdateItem' won't save the column setters in runtime and returns HTTP 400.

FlowUpdateHTTPTrigger.PNG

Kind regards,

Sami

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: UpdateSPListItem after HTTP Trigger

Hi @ SamiCbIT,

I have made a test and the issue is confirmed on my side. When choose the “listName” dynamic content of the trigger in the List Name field of “Update item” action, the action would pop-up the error “Cannot evaluate the parameter 'dataset' at design-time; it is empty or has a runtime expression.”

To fill in a dynamic content in the “List Name” field of the “Update item” action is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 228 members 6,523 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: